Sunday, December 20, 2015

Baking Ramble

I'm wanting to do some baking. Specifically Christmas baking and more specifically a gingerbread house. Problem- no gingerbread boy and girl cookie cutters, and no molasses for the favourite dough. No problem in finding another recipe, but the cookie cutters are another story. NOTE to self: pick up gingerbread boy and girl cookie cutters in Canada in 2016 from someone. Who would like to pick them up for me and save them till we get there?  (Contact me please.)
We are taking a break right now. It's been a long time since we did that - well we took a week a bit ago that was gentle suggested for us and we gladly took it. We seemed to fill the time with house details, which was needed, but we didn't rest. A break, I mean a planned, scheduled, on purpose 'let's get away' break. If Christmas hadn't come along I honestly think we would have kept going after a week, but we are taking two weeks and we really need it. It will be a good time to do some things around the yard that need doing and that change in itself is good for us. Peter has his horseshoe pits up and has taken time for a game. We still are planning, where to put what fruit tree, in the yard. And where to put grass and where to put the river for rain run off. Some of that is happening as we still have some rains occasionally and it makes its own path in the yard. It's really nice to see it all come together. I wish you could be here to see it. We have other plants and trees we want in the yard. We've pretty much finished building. Just some fixing to do, and landscaping. 
I'm getting into cultured foods. I make sour kraut and kefir milk regularly. And I'm looking at starting to make my own kombucha. And I  just started  with sourdough. I'm finding that the three "K"s ( kraut, kefir, kombucha) are very good for my digestive system. I seem to be able to handle foods that I couldn't before like bread and coffee, processed foods. I also don't get sick as often as Peter does with cold/flu/sore throat. I like it!!!  And my joints don't seem to be in pain as often. 
Well let's see what else can I ramble on about. We are having to make a decision on the length of the sewing school. We may have to go for a full year - taking regular breaks as the children's school year, all because we have started the registration process. That will be good. It will be a good change. 
We are looking forward to building new classrooms as the Lord provides the funds. I'm excited about this. 
So excited about the sewing machines He provided. Thanks to all of you who played a part in that prayer request. God bless you!
So thankful to God too for providing for all our needs this year. We have a great God who loves us and looks out for us. 
We sometimes feel we aren't doing enough or can do any more, but what He did for us by sending His Son - we can give some more, we can do another day, another week, another month, and another year. . . . 
Thank you Jesus, you gave your all.
Well, that gingerbread house still isn't made, I better go and have some fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment