Thursday, June 25, 2015

The Neighbours

Last Saturday morning we heard a knock on our door. The oldest daughter of our neighbour was there to ask if we would like to come over for a meal that day. We said we'd love to and asked what time. "Two o'clock."  This was early morning and we went about our day. We did the things like most normal people do - go and look for land to buy. We were talking and sizing the land, and before we knew it we were sitting in the "land office" with the right official and witnesses writing up the papers to buy the land. It's so nice when every things works out for the good!!!  By this time it's like ten minutes to two, and I'm thinking "Man have I ever become laid back!" (Not really I'm fretting the whole time thinking I'm going to be late. "🎵I'm late I'm late for a very important date🎵"). We get home, have to walk past the neighbour's yard to get there and no sooner get in the house than a knock comes. Who you ask, the same lady as this morning. Yes, we are "coming". Just as soon as I change and look as pretty as you, I say. 
We go over and the whole family is home. The meal is ready and waiting to be eaten. We enjoy the time. A really great time. We find out that the father is leaving at the end of the month for a trip overseas, for one year, with the Police. A great experience for him but a sad time for the family I'm sure. All the children but the youngest are in school. More than half are away at boarding schools during the year and the oldest is in university. (And I'm pretty sure mama is due soon again!). 
What a beautiful family. We will miss them when we move from this house. We are not going far but . . .  The youngest is the one that calls out to me when I walk passed, "Hello Sister". What a cutie he is. 

So thankful for neighbours like these folk. 

Well, the land is getting cleared this week. The previous owner has a week to harvest his corn, and we can start making mud bricks!
So excited!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment