Sunday, October 13, 2013

Thanksgiving Trespasser

I didn't go to church this morning, and I was resting on my bed listening to a podcast, and this guy walks past my bedroom window. I get off the bed, go and open the window, and ask, "What are you doing here?" or something like that. I notice that he is carrying a machete in one hand, and a two foot bent iron rod in the other. Of course, he doesn't know English and I don't know enough Kinyarwanda, but I'm sure he said "inkoko" (chicken) and I'm thinking, "yeah, mine". After he talks more, I say "Get." and he understands "Get", repeats it, and turns to go out. I run for my phone and get a picture of him leaving over the wall. Believe me, I so want to grow some 'prickly pear cactus' (maybe some Crown of Thorns) or some type of prickly, thorny "WEED" along the outside of our 'safe' brick wall! It really doesn't stop anyone from entering, it just looks like it does! Guess we will have to hire someone to stay here all day and all night! Sure hope that the guardhouse gets built a lot quicker than it looks like it's getting built.
enlarged 
I am so Thankful for God's protection over us while we have been here!
God is so good, and we will never forget that!
Praise the Lord, that He looks after us and cares for us!
So much more to be Thankful for this Thanksgiving!
Thank you for your prayers!
Now I'll go back and finish my podcast.

8 comments:

  1. oh Diane...that is so scary. Praying for you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna Salmond ReimerOctober 13, 2013 at 8:01 PM

    Put broken glass along the top of the wall, that's what they do here

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marlene PannenbeckerOctober 13, 2013 at 8:02 PM

    Not good. ..but at least he just left

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ruth Shewchuk WilkinsonOctober 13, 2013 at 8:03 PM

    I thot when you said get was for him to take a chicken!! Its Thanksgiving here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tanya Schultz-ZiffleOctober 13, 2013 at 8:04 PM

    Glad everything went ok!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Diane, I would have been scared as well. Those chickens have caused a lot of issues. I think Peter better start a chicken class (like your sewing class). Teach the Rwanda's how to raise chickens. God kept you safe and we are thankful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanking God that you are safe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Praise God you were home, Praise God you were safe, Praise God you are getting your guard house.

    ReplyDelete