Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Meet the Students

Meet the students and the first item they made!
Pin cushions. We have 6 in the morning class.
Esther - you may recognize her, she is a returning student from the last class.
Francine.
Margueritte
Pascasie
Floratine
Shemusa
We have 7 in the afternoon class.
Claudine
Epiphanie
Denise - you may recognize her too, she is back from the last class too.
Rosene
Adeline
Latifa
Esther
Peter, our maintenance man, tried sewing and made a pin cushion too!
Theophile our tailor, made one also.
And Eppy, whenever she isn't translating, was sitting at her machine trying to get one finished!!!
 I'm sure that Eppy will have her's finished tomorrow. We are excited to about the two that are taking the class again, we hope that they will do better.

The  pin cushion had one 5" seam to sew with the machine and the rest was hand sewn. I had brought a bit of yarn with me, thinking that I'd do a bit of knitting or crocheting, and I did but there was still a lot of yarn left, and God prompted me to make balls up and give it to them for their pin cushions.
On the way home from school today, we flagged down a truck, and hopped in the back for a ride home. It's been a long time since I've had a ride in the back of a truck.

(Let me tell you that Alphonsine wasn't to impressed when she saw these pictures
and understood that we'd ridden in the back of the truck! But we still had fun!)

Peter waving at friends - and they will tell everyone, - we'll hear about it tomorrow I'm sure!

Everything is really starting to green up!
And that's about all the fun today!
Tomorrow we will work on the 'bag-with-ties' that we started today,
and will hopefully finish by Friday!
I love teaching sewing!
God is so good!





2 comments:

  1. You are great at what you do! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marlene PannenbeckerOctober 3, 2013 at 5:43 PM

    Made me smile ...love your adventure in life

    ReplyDelete