Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Making A Difference and Changing Lives

Peter shared the following on the Ashes To Worship page on Facebook:

Making A Difference and Changing Lives
That is what it is all about.
This was a regular Sunday morning as I got up and went about my usual Sunday morning routine. After getting to church I knew that I had to back up to the starting of June in order to tell this story properly.

Actually on May 30, we went to Kigali Rwanda from Nyagatare Rwanda, to pick up Diane's sister and her husband from the airport as they had just finished a week with e3 Partners doing evangelism in a village here in Rwanda. We then rented to taxi's to drive us home again to Nyagatare.

Well, to make this a bit shorter, they (Leona and Fraser) brought a few things along with them to bless others with. And today, I have a story in relation to one of those blessings. They did that through the sewing school on the 3 and 4th of June.

One of the things they brought with them to bless others with were eye glasses . There were quite a few pairs. When I was looking at all of these glasses, the Lord brought to my memory an old man from our church. Everyone calls him umusaza (old man) as a sign of respect. No one knows for sure how old he is. So I thought about it, wondering which pair of glasses would be best for him, so I figured I would take a couple of pairs. He had such a hard time reading his bible and I wanted him to be able to read it better. So I wanted to give him a pair of the glasses.

So I took these two pairs of glasses and a big magnifying glass over to their house, in the yard I found him and his wife and a teen girl talking. After inspecting the glasses, he choose one of the pairs and believe it or not his wife also needed glasses and took the other pair. So I went back to the school happy, with just the magnifying glass in my hand.

Well, I had a surprise today, as umusaza (old man) stood up in Church during the sharing time, and he was wearing his glasses and he said he wanted to praise God for his new glasses and that he could now see very well again, and he could read his bible. He was so happy, he said, "I can even dance again, as he demonstrated in front of the church.

Then he came over to me, and he hugged me first on one side of my head, than on the other, back on to the other side, and back again, as the tradition is in Rwanda, with one hug added on. It is usually just three times. I think it was a hug for me, a hug for Diane, a hug for Leona and a hug for Fraser. But to him it was just a happy way of saying thank you very much for making it so I can see once again.

One thing he said stuck in my mind, he said the Dr. here could not find a match with my eyes, but these they match. They work. The smile on his face said it all. It was wonderful and it really made my day. Praise God he is the greatest Dr. of all. He could of chosen to heal umusaza's (old man) eyes, but instead He sent him a pair of glasses from Canada that matched his eyes. Wow, simply AMAZING.

No comments:

Post a Comment