Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Appointment

Well, I saw the doctor yesterday. We had not been to see him for two months now, at his request. I had gone in the day before to get some blood tests done that he wanted done before he saw me. The results of the ESR were back up to 40, where 20 is normal. I had been feeling some swelling in my hands and feet but thought that was because I was eating more salt in my food and that it was hot.
I told him I had some pains in my chest since our last visit and that caused a chain of events to get more tests done, of course! He's a good doctor.
So, it was 8 AM when we got there, we didn't see him until about 10:30 AM and 1 PM before we left the hospital.
I know you are all wondering ---- the ECG!!!! The ECG was normal! Nothing wrong with my heart, it's in the right place and beating well on schedule! BUT, I probably have a very bad indigestion problem! SO, more pills to take, (Alphonsine is not going to like that!) and more tests to get done. SO, blood tests, consultation, and medication came to 97,130 RWF ($151.77) a wee bit more than we usually pay on a visit to the hospital each month, but we know it needed to be done. Got a good sized folder full of paper work - we'll see what our insurance company can do for us.
I've not been feeling any more poorly, just a bit more tired than when we started last year in Aug. so I'm sure there's no need for concern!
We are so feeling great about the work we can do here! I just love seeing the progress the ladies are taking right now, and it is very rewarding!
God has been so good to us, and we do feel at home here. We do miss our family and friends but internet is an awesome way to keep connected now a days - unlike what missionaries could do years ago!
So you can pray for us and our health.....

2 comments:

  1. Marlene PannenbeckerApril 11, 2013 at 6:15 AM

    Thank you for sharing with us...please continue to take care, rest when needed !! So glad your sister is coming to visit

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thank the Lord for Him having His hand on your health!

    ReplyDelete