Thursday, November 22, 2012

Here are some updates Nov 12 to 19

November 7th, Peter went with this fellow to a place near the Ugandan border to visit a German run sewing school.
November 10th, Children's Ministry.
 November 12th, I took pictures of the retaining wall they built because the rains were washing the dirty under the gate!

November 13th, they emptied the water tank and cleaned it out, now it is ready for the new rains. It will fill and we will have water during the dry season!
November 14th, more finished sewing projects are being modeled!



We also had some lettuce from our garden, producing very nicely as the evenings are cool and the days hot!
Recooked beans, mashed banana, rice and cucumbers (from the market) with our lettuce.

Peter had his salad smothered in mayo!
November 15th, I finished this little dress and gave it away. Someone wanted to buy it from me and when I found out that it would sell in the market for about 3000 RWF ($4.75) and thought about what I paid for the material, I knew I wanted to do what God had already placed on my heart to do - give it away!

November 18th, the little girl wore it to church!


November 19th, we were noticing a good sized water leak at the water meter. Peter warned them about cutting the line but it got lost in translation! Lots of fun!!!


Water ran to test out the new retaining wall.


And more progress at sewing!
We printed some pictures for the ladies to see how they are doing! They were pleased!




They are doing so great and I'm hearing that we are talked about in the community and more ladies are just waiting for us to finish this 6 month course and start another! Praise the Lord!!!
Our mirrored windows cause the birds to fly into them and they sit for some time before flying away!


3 comments:

  1. Leona Maye Kent says: You could capture the stunned birds and have an aviary!!! Thanks for the updates, you have been very busy. The yard looks professionally landscaped with the retaining wall. You are going to need more sewing machines!!! Love you, LK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marlene Pannenbecker says: the sewing is going so good.......nice dresses !!! As for the water line...ugghhhhhhhhh How are you feeling ? I have raised $ 50.00 so far via my bottle drive. The season is coming though....I will get more

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete