Saturday, September 1, 2012

Finished Projects

I went to school on Thursday, and was thinking that I'd stay home on Friday. Leaving the house at 7 AM makes for early morning risings, and with stiffness and pain I experience each morning - well it's just not enjoyable!!! But they announced on Thursday that Friday would be 'show and tell' so I decided I wanted to go to see what each student had accomplished! I took my partially finished projects to class and had them well inspected by the teacher and students, just like I inspect theirs and am encouraged to see how well they are doing!!! I got 'thumbs ups'!
Today I decided that I'd finish the top and pants and start on a skirt that I've been wanting to make since the material was bought!
I'm pleased with the way it fits, I tweeked the pattern a bit to fit me better.

I am very pleased with the skirt, I think it will be a favorite!
I was trying really hard to keep this bruise covered but the students noticed so I had to tell what happened. I really think that the male nurse that took blood on Monday, was a bit nervous working on a 'white woman'. The needle in the hip, and the one in inside elbow are normal but this one - he was just a bit too rough!!!






This lady bug is for Cora-Jean, and Wyatt! Hope you enjoy the detail markings on it.






7 comments:

  1. Beautiful craftsmanship, Diane. You will really do well with that sewing school with your expanse of knowledge. Love you, Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna Salmond Reimer: look great, hope the doctor gets you some relief soon for your aches and pains.....loveyou

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leona Maye Kent: Great skirt! You will use that lots! that wrist looks bad!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shirlene Scherle Henning Your wrist looks like me, when they are trying to find a vain to w/d blood. I come home with various bruises. A new experience for your dark doctor? Love your sewing projects. I like all those kinds of colors. This morning I picked up my sewing machine,from being serviced, and I had a lesson,as well. I'm not the greatest sewer, but, the lesson was very helpful. Wish I could come to Rwanda, for a class! God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marlene Pannenbecker: I love your skirt.....the bruise is ghastly (reminds me of Krista when we were in the DR....six tries to get the IV in and she was bruised from wrist to elbow ) Hope your feeling better soon....hugs, love ya !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ken Hardy: I really like your skirt , so glad you are doing something that you enjoy so much. Sure hope that you soon get some relief from all your pain. Get better soon.... hugs to you and Pete.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Peter Rukundo Claude Salmond: Shirlene, come it will be even better than the 2002 USA trip. We would have a blast, the Rwandans would love to have a Florance here to look after them. LOL

    ReplyDelete