Saturday, December 10, 2011

Update on DTS

A lot has happened in the last six months but not much has been documented here.
There are a lot of pictures loaded on my computer and a lot of memories in my mind.
In a week today, we will be traveling back to Rwanda.
It has been a packed full 6 months.
We have enjoyed the experience and will have many memories for years to come.

Mostly though, we have made many friends that will last a lifetime. The 'journey' was like one of those 'bonding trips' we took as a family. Yeah, we are now a part of another family. Bonding trips have their "ups and downs", their "good and bad", their "highs and lows" and this one was no different. We all got to see all sides of each other, for better or for worse!
A few times, I secretly (now not so secret), was very glad I was married and had my husband as my only room-mate!
Seriously though, I wouldn't have traded the experience for anything else.
What good would it have done to have lived through the last 6 months NOT doing God's Will!
No, I'm very grateful to have gone through some tough times, than to be out of His Will!

Now to carry on with what God has planned for the rest of our lives.
More to come on that when this week is over.

1 comment:

  1. This last 6 months has gone surprisingly fast. We have missed you for sure. The kids have grown so much and talk about getting to see you "soon". And to talk on the phone.

    Has it really been 6 months?!?!?

    Can't wait for you to come home for a visit.

    ReplyDelete