Friday, September 9, 2011

Just Sitting Here and Rambling

And listening to some old hymns. I'm sure glad that I put some music on my computer before leaving Canada. Last Mountain Boys, and Randy Travis are two of the ones I'm listening to as I type. It's nice to have a little bit of home music. (Seem to be needing it today!)
I handed in my last report for DTS today. One more week of classes left and then one week of preparation before we leave on Outreach. Wow, it's going to be over before we know it. We have been busy with getting ready that the time seems to have flown.
Read on Facebook of autumn happening in Canada. Chokecherry syrup, vegetable gardens being harvested, the weather cooling! Seems like it is early! Here the rains have just started, it has become cooler, and it's not sunny every day either.
I have had to alter some of my clothes, by hand. I took in two pairs of pants and a top, and remodeled two skirts. It's almost like getting a new wardrobe, almost, I said. It is nice to have the small change when you've been wearing the same thing week after week. Peter's work pants need mending, but I never brought any patching material with me. Don't know what I'll do about that! It'll come to me though.
Lots to do tomorrow - practice for outreach, attend Ladies Breakfast, wash clothes, do my journal book, fill out staff evaluation forms, and visa forms for our trip to Burundi, and try to fit in some time to relax as we have Outreach on Sunday. (that might be why I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed right now.)
Need to go hit the hay. Sure thankful for a roof over my head and a nice bed to sleep in, 3 meals a day and all the pure water I want to drink! Not everyone has that!

God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment