Saturday, February 12, 2011

Hand Written Letters!

A dear lady has been writing us for years, and we pretty well receive a hand written letter, on homemade stationary, every month! We never knew her before she started to write us. That was when we lived in the Yukon, 1989 - 1997.
The following is her most recent letter we received:

Feb. 3, 2011
Dear Diane and Peter
"I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in Him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13
Thank you so much for your recent letter with it's exciting news. I praise and thank God for His leading in your lives, and pray you may soon be on your way - it is step by step He leads. From Watson Lake, through the many ways you have since served the Lord, through all your heartaching times, he has been preparing you for these times of learning and teaching.  "So do not fear, for I am with you, do not be dismayed, for I am your God, I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." In quiet meditation, close your eyes, hear His gentle voice whispering to you - "I am with you, Trust Me."
A bright sunny winter day here. London received cold north winds, some snow yesterday, but not near as much of a blizzard as was expected - always much to be thankful for. In early Dec. (I think it was?!) we receive much snow - but no severe storm. But this is winter - this is Canada. Thanks to kind neighbors who keep the steps, etc. cleared, & friends who give me rides to church or for groceries, I am fine, never running out of things to do, even a few jigsaw puzzles.
God bless you,
Love, Desire

(and then on another paper - she always sends 3 or more papers with hand written notes on them)

A lady, visiting a silversmith, asked how he refined the silver, and he replied that he submitted the silver to extreme heat. When she asked how he knew when the silver was fully refined, he replied, "When I am able to see my face reflected in it." Is that not what our Heavenly Father does in order to make us more like Him? He will allow us to go through deep trials in order to see His face reflected through us.
The events God allows to intrude upon our little lives are not intended for our undoing. Rather they are intended to conform us to the greatness of His own wondrous character. (W. Phillip Keller)
(other side) 
 And I  said to the man that stood at the gate of the year, "Give me a light that I may tread safely into the unknown!" And he replied: "Go out into the darkness and put your hand into the Hand of God. That shall be to you better than light and safer than a known way." So I went forth, and finding the Hand of God, trod gladly into the night. And He led me toward the hills and the breaking of the day in the lone East.
From- The Gate of the Year by M. Louise Haskins

(another small page with a picture of flowers pasted on it) 

He does not lead me year by year
Nor even day by day
But step by step my path unfolds
My Lord directs by way

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment