Wednesday, April 14, 2010

God is Good!

I would like to share this with you, hope you are encouraged like I am!

I mentioned in an email to a friend the following about our trip to Rwanda:


"I'm trying hard not to get nervous, and look at this trip as regular as I can."

The reply came back:

"God is good. Again, there is no need to fear as God foreknew this trip long before it was on our radar. Remember that God nudged me to nudge you even though I did not know He had already been nudging you a year earlier. Mike and Mary are leaders I look up to in many many ways and I entirely entrust you with them. Breathe deep...try to keep anxiety down for the sake of your health sister! And...thanks for being honest."

Thanks Friend!


I was very encouraged with that and another email of encouragement and prayer from our leaders:

“There are times when the Lord calls us away from the familiar to …

…to places unknown in order to carry out His plan for our lives. A wide spectrum of emotions can accompany us in the new journey. Some people feel panic, fear or uncertainty. Others feel excitement and anticipation. For many the journey becomes one of growing faith and dependence on the Lord. We learn to trust Him step by step as we face the unknown. It is encouraging to remember that wherever the Lord leads, He has a plan in place and a purpose to accomplish in our lives.

The Lord had said to Abram, "Leave your country, your people and your father's household and go to the land I will show you." Genesis 12:1

Prayer: Dear Lord, I feel at ease with the familiar things in my life, but I am listening for Your voice. I want to follow You. I trust Your purpose and Your plan for me. Direct my path and give me courage to face the unknown. In Jesus' Name, Amen!”

From Lead Like Jesus Devotion
www.leadlikejesus.com

The fact that Peter and I are going doesn't stop us from feeling a bit overwhelmed, but we do have a God that will be there with us and uphold us. My human side tends to forget my Great and Wonderful God and His Power He gives us when we ask.

Dear Great and Awesome God, Please help me never to forget that You love me and want me to serve You in Rwanda. As the prayer above says,
I want to follow You. I trust Your purpose and Your plan for me. Direct my path and give me courage to face the unknown. Give me peace about the unknown You are leading me to, as You have given me peace in following You. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment